Trip & Fall Attorney in Colorado Springs
Have you tripped, fallen and suffered injuries on someone’s property in Colorado Springs? You should not be stuck with medical bills and other expenses.
I’m Colorado Springs attorney Jeffrey Scott Lasswell. As your trip and fall attorney, I will work to hold the property owner accountable for your injuries. I will fight for the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Trip and fall claims are complicated and can be difficult to prove. It’s essential that you consult with me as soon as possible. I am a skilled and knowledgeable premises liability attorney. I know how to obtain the compensation you need for your injuries.
I have nearly 20 years of experience handling trip and fall cases in Colorado Springs. I can assist you in gathering the necessary evidence and locating witnesses. These are important early steps in determining what caused the trip and fall. That information will help me determine whether the property owner is liable for your accident.
Common Causes of Trip and Fall Accidents
Trip and fall accidents can occur anywhere. They can take place both indoors and outdoors, depending on the hazardous conditions present.
Common causes of trip and fall accidents include:
- Debris on the floor
- Defective staircases
- Lack of handrails
- Inadequate lighting
- Unmarked step-downs
- Torn carpet
- Uneven flooring or surface
- Holes in the flooring
- Cracked pavement
- Uneven stairs
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Potholes in the street
- Uncovered cabling
- Poorly placed fixtures
- Exposed electrical wiring
Damages Caused by Trips on Dangerous Property
Severe injuries can result from any trip and fall accident. Fractures, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and other internal injuries are common. Common damages an injured victim can recover in a trip and fall case include:
- Medical expenses – This includes past, present, and future medical bills.
- Pain and suffering – While the amount of the pain and suffering award is harder to quantify, it can be a significant portion of damages.
- Lost wages – If you miss work because of your injuries, you may be entitled to recover lost wages.
- Loss of earning capacity – If you can no longer perform the work as you did before the trip and fall, you may be able to recover damages for loss of earning capacity.
What to Do After a Trip and Fall
I recommend you take the following steps after your trip and fall:
- Seek medical attention. Seek medical attention after your trip and fall accident. Even if you do not believe you were injured, schedule a doctor’s appointment. Your doctor can examine you for any possible injuries. Sometimes it can take weeks for certain injuries to show up. By that time, it may be too late. Be sure to request a copy of any medical reports and bills associated with your doctor’s appointments and hospital visits.
- Gather witness testimony. If other people witnessed your trip and fall, ask them to write down their account of the accident. Record their contact information. They may remember additional details of your accident, and they may be needed to testify on your behalf.
- Report your injuries. Report the trip and fall accident to the manager or owner of the property where your fall took place. If you fail to do so, the owner or manager may argue your accident happened at another location. That will make your case more challenging to prove.
- Take pictures of the scene. After identifying the cause of your trip and fall, take photos of the accident scene. These photos can provide evidence of negligence on the part of the property owner — and show a dangerous condition before it is fixed. Take photos of your injuries as well.
- Do not provide a statement to the insurance company. Never discuss the details of your potential claim with anyone but your lawyer. Insurance adjusters may want you to make a statement right away. You are not obligated to do so. Any statements you make after your trip and fall could come back to haunt you. Do not discuss the accident until you speak with your lawyer.
- Speak with a premises liability attorney. The right legal team can make a difference in your trip and fall injury claim. Call me as soon as possible. I am an experienced lawyer, and I have a track record of helping clients just like you get the compensation and the peace of mind you need.
Common Places Where Trip and Fall Accidents Occur
Common places where trip and fall accidents take place include:
- Parking lots
- Office buildings
How a Colorado Springs Trip and Fall Lawyer Can Help You
When you have been hurt in a fall on someone’s property, a car crash, or any other type of accident, you need more than a helping hand. You need an attorney who can be there for you throughout the entire personal injury claims process, explaining what to expect, answering your calls, and fighting for the full amount of compensation you are entitled to receive.
I am attorney Jeffrey Scott Lasswell, and I use a full-service approach on all personal injury cases I handle. I will work with you directly and get to know you and your case. If you are having trouble finding a doctor, I can help. If you have been offered a settlement by an insurance company, I can review it and negotiate for more. If you just want to talk through your legal options, I am here for you.
Contact Me Today
Have you been injured after tripping and falling on public or private property in Colorado Springs? If so, you may be entitled to compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, mental anguish, and other damages.
I am attorney Jeffrey Scott Lasswell. I will launch a thorough investigation of your trip and fall and determine whether it was caused by someone’s negligence. Call me today to schedule a free and confidential consultation.