What are the steps in a premises liability lawsuit?
To strengthen your premises liability case, take these steps after your accident:
- Seek medical attention.
- Report the accident to the property owner or property manager (if applicable).
- Take photos of the accident scene as well as your injuries.
- Talk to witnesses and collect any relevant information they may have.
- Take notes and include all the details you remember.
- Contact me as your experienced premises liability attorney.
Here is how a premises liability case develops after you hire me as your attorney:
- Investigation – The first steps I will take in your premises liability case is to investigate your accident and obtain evidence that proves the other party’s negligence. I will also collect your medical records, medical bills, wage loss documentation, and other proof of your damages. This helps me determine the strength of your claim and how much your case is worth.
- Maximum medical improvement – The maximum medical improvement is the stage in your treatment where you have recovered as much as possible. Before moving forward with a settlement of your claim, you need to reach this stage. That will let you know what future medical damages you will incur. Those damages should be included in your settlement.
- Demand package – As your lawyer, I will send a demand package to the insurance adjuster. The demand package will detail your injuries, the other party’s negligence, your medical care and the amount of damages you are entitled to. I will then negotiate with the other side to settle your claim without the need for litigation.
- Litigation – If I am unable to settle your claim, I will take your case to trial, where a judge or jury can rule in your favor.