Stadium Slip and Fall Lawyer in Colorado Springs
No one expects to go to a Sky Sox, Switchbacks, or Air Force Academy game and suffer severe injuries in a stadium fall. Unfortunately, these accidents can happen, and innocent people are often forced to deal with painful injuries, costly medical bills, and more.
If you were injured in a stadium slip and fall accident that you believe was caused by negligence, you could be entitled to compensation to help cover the cost of lost income, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more. I, Jeffrey Scott Lasswell, founded my firm after working for insurance companies. I know the tactics insurance companies play to try to minimize the financial recovery for victims. My firm, Jeffrey Scott Lasswell, PC, has the resources to fight for your right to the compensation you need to recover.
Why People Slip and Fall at Stadiums
There are many ways a spectator could be injured in a slip and fall accident at a stadium. However, negligence in a stadium is often the primary factor. Stadiums require constant upkeep due to their size, so it can be easy for a stadium owner and staff to neglect certain hazards that may cause slip and fall accidents. If the owner fails to properly maintain the stadium, slip and fall accidents can easily occur. When a stadium owner or manager knows about a certain hazard and fails to warn spectators or eliminate the hazard, they can be held responsible for any slip and fall accidents that occur as a result.
Some common causes of slip and fall accidents in stadiums include:
- Wet and slippery floors
- Beverage and concessions spills
- Cracked walkways
- Broken tile
- Leaky water pipes, especially in bathrooms
- Inadequate lighting
- Tripping hazards
- Lack of safety signage
What Are the Elements of Liability for a Slip and Fall at a Stadium?
There are four main elements of liability that you must establish to prove negligence in a stadium slip and fall accident. You must be able to show that:
- The stadium owner owed you a duty of care to ensure your safety while on the premises. In a stadium slip and fall case, this can be supported by the fact that you were a valid business customer of the stadium.
- The owner was aware of or should have reasonably been aware of a certain hazard on the property and either failed to eliminate it or warn you about it.
- This negligence on the part of the owner directly caused your injuries.
- You have suffered financial losses due to the slip and fall accident, such as medical expenses or lost wages.
Proving Negligence in a Stadium Slip and Fall
To build a compelling claim, you will need to demonstrate how the stadium owner was negligent in their duty of care and how this led to your slip and fall accident and subsequent injuries. Consulting with a knowledgeable slip and fall lawyer is important since experienced attorneys will know what types of evidence are needed to prove negligence and how to gather them.
Some types of evidence that your attorney may use to prove negligence include:
- Medical records, including documentation detailing your diagnosis and prognosis
- A copy of your accident report, which may detail the specific date, time, and location of the accident, names and contact details for witnesses, property damage at the scene, and details about your injuries
- Witness statements about how the accident occurred
- Photo and video evidence, which may include photos and videos taken by you and surveillance camera footage from any nearby security cameras
Compensation for Slip and Fall Accidents at Stadiums
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident at a stadium, you could be entitled to recover compensation for financial and non-financial losses related to the accident. Damages in a stadium slip and fall accident may include:
- Present and future medical expenses related to the accident
- Lost wages if you are unable to work while recovering
- Lost future earnings if you’re unable to return to your work due to long-term injuries
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering caused by the accident, including emotional anguish and mental trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Navigating the complex process of claiming compensation can be extremely challenging, particularly if you are in the midst of recovering from your injuries. Because of this, it is vital to consult with a dedicated slip and fall accident lawyer.
Insurance companies will use various tactics to try to reduce or deny your claim. Our team has the knowledge and skill to counter those tactics and help you seek the full amount of compensation you deserve.
How to Get Legal Help for Your Stadium Slip and Fall Injury Claim in Colorado Springs
If you have been injured in a stadium slip and fall accident that was caused by negligence, then you may be entitled to recover the economic and non-economic losses you have incurred due to the accident.
As someone who used to work in the insurance industry, I know what it takes to stand up to large insurance companies and fight for your rights. At my firm, we have the knowledge and resources to help you build a strong case for compensation and pursue the financial recovery that you are entitled to. Contact us today for a free consultation.